Address:185620 Petrozavodsk, Lenina square, 2.
Director: Migunova Lana Vadimovna. Telephone: (814-2)78-46-63
Methodical department: Trunova Tatyana Olegovna
Berezina Tatyana Alexandrovna
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
||The Republican National Cultures Centre is an ideal base for dialogue of cultures, it contributes to the most democratic relations between government structures and non-government public organizations in the sphere of culture, which helps to form the civic society.|
The National Cultures Centre is a cultural institution with the following activities:
- development of national cultures, gratification of specific cultural interests of folks living in the Republic of Karelia, including cooperation with the National Cultural groups:
- Union of Karelian folk;
- Ingermanland Finnish Union of Karelia;
- Vepssian culture society;
- Russian culture society;
- Jewish culture society "Shalom";
- Georgian culture society;
- Armenian culture society "Artsah" and "Ararat";
- Azerbaijani culture society "Borchaly";
- Byelorussian culture society;
- Karelian society of Finland's friends;
- Finland's friends society;
- Ukrainian culture society "Kalina";
- Greek culture society "Ellada"
- Tatar culture society "Duslar";
- United Cossack society of Karelia;
- Russian-German meeting centre.
Preserving, development and propaganda of cultures is realized through such events as national holidays, creative evenings, presentations, conferences, courses, seminars, lectures, and so on.
and also child groups:
- The Centre provides informational and methodical help for the regions of the republic in realization of the Culture Development Conception of Karelia till 2008.
- The Centre works to support national mentality, preserve ethnical originality of small in number folks of the republic.
There are language courses and groups attached to the Centre: Karelian language (Southern and Northern dialects), Vepssian language; decorative group, Vepssian communication club;
- The Centre participates in creation of TV-series telling about cultural traditions of small in number folks of Karelia, thus forms a positive field and image of a native inhabitant in the multinational republic;
- The Centre helps to develop conditions for activity of national creative groups. There are choirs in the Centre:
- The Centre realizes aim federal and republican programs of culture preserving and development, including the federal project "Traditional games and dances of Finnish-Ugric folks" (November 2002);
- The Centre arranges annual Kalevala marathon "Kalevala's runes tangle" (February-April), the Days of Slavic writings and culture (May), report concert of the Centre's creative groups (May);
- The Centre cooperates with Petrozavodsk's master guild, develops and realizes plans of cooperation;
- The Centre participates in interdepartmental republican programs:
"Family of Karelia", "Healthy way of life" and others. It participates as well in the federal interdepartmental program "Children of Russia", all-Russian interdepartmental operation "Teenager", and other programs.
- The Centre establishes contacts and cooperates with related folks living outside Karelia.